- 04 Nov 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 04 Nov 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
🌐 ✔️ MES (v6.3.5, v6.5) ✔️ AWI (v6.5) ✔️ LES (v6.5)
💻 Web app
👤 Admin users
System Admins can access configuration options for exceptions by hovering over the left navigation panel, then selecting Configuration > Exceptions.
To support an organization's critical value and exception review process, the System Admin can configure the default severity and signature requirement for different kinds of values and exceptions. They can also manage lists of users and teams who are authorized to approve exceptions, and enable QMS exception integration settings.
For the purpose of configuring options for different exception types, critical values and exceptions are grouped as follows:
|Group Name||Exception Types|
|Critical Values||Critical Process Parameter (CPP), Critical Quality Attribute (CQA), Other Reviewable Value|
|Process Exceptions||A-Note Nonconformance, A-Note Observation, Abnormal Step Completion, Manual Intervention, Override|
|Process Notes||A-Note Process Note|
|Resource Exceptions||Equipment Input Condition Failed, Equipment Parameter Condition Failed, Location Input Condition Failed, Material Dispensing Condition Failed, Material Input Condition Failed, Material Parameter Condition Failed, Substituted Material|
|Value Exceptions||Checkbox Input Condition Failed, Dropdown Input Condition Failed, Formula Condition Failed, Measure Input Condition Failed, Parameter Condition Failed, Value Input Condition Failed|
Configuration options for each exception group
To edit any of the configurations options for an exception group, click the value in the row that you want to edit. A popup displays allowing you to update any options for that group.
|Default Severity||Info, Low, Moderate, High, Critical||When the system logs an exception, that exception displays with a default severity level based on its exception type. When reviewing the Exceptions page, a user can filter exceptions based on severity level. (The system does not currently assign particular meaning or action to each severity level; an organization may establish their own definitions and process for reviewing exceptions.)|
|Signature Requirement||One Signature Approval, Two Signature Approvals||Each exception type has the option to require one signature or two signatures for exception approval.|
|Trigger Exception||Trigger Exception, Do Not Trigger Exception||For all exception types for which an exception should be logged and approved, the Trigger Exception field must be set to Trigger Exception.|
If an organization does not want a particular exception type to be logged on the Exception page or require approval, the System Admin may set the Trigger Exception field for that exception type to Do Not Trigger Exception. This also overrides the functionality of the Default Severity and Signature Requirement fields.
The Exception Approvals section displays a list of individuals and teams containing individuals who may serve as exception approvers.
- Approval Users: To add or remove specific users, select Edit Approval Users.
- The Exception Approval Users popup displays, allowing the System Admin to search, filter, and assign or unassign approval users in bulk.
- To add an approval user, check the checkbox to the right of the user's contact information.
- To remove an approval user, uncheck this checkbox. Click Save to save your changes.
- Approval Teams: To add or remove teams from the list of exception approvers, select Edit Approval Teams.
- The Teams popup displays.
- To add an approval team, click the Select teams dropdown, then check the checkbox to the left of the team name.
- To remove an approval team, click the X to the right of the team name in the Teams popup. Click Save to save your changes.
QMS Exception Integration
Integrations are only available for MES (v6.5) and LES (v6.5). The settings below only display if an organization with an applicable package has enabled specific QMS integration(s). The information in the section does not apply to other packages/versions.
The QMS Exception Integration section allows an organization to add QMS integration elements to the Review Exception panel on the
- Enable Manual QMS sync: When enabled, a QMS Sync section displays at the bottom of the Review Exception panel.
- Require QMS Approval of Synced Exceptions prior to MES Approval: When enabled, the system disables the Approve button at the top of the Review Exception panel until the QMS details have been reviewed and approved in the QMS Sync section of the panel.