- 02 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Creating & Managing Augmented Step Sections
- Updated on 02 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
🌐 ✔️ MES (v6.5.X) ✔️ LES (v6.5.X) ✔️ AWI (v6.5.X)
💻 Web app
👤 Content Creator, System Admin, and procedure template co-author users
Understanding augmented step sections
Augmented steps can be organized into sections within a procedure template. This allows for certain sections of a procedure to support parallel execution or for certain sections to require completion in a particular order.
A default section with the name Section Name displays above the first step added to the Augmented Steps list.
- To edit a section name, select more_vert More Options to the right of the section divider, then select Edit Section Name. The Section Name field can then be edited. Updates are saved when the user clicks outside of this field.
- To enable parallel execution for a section, select more_vert More Options, then select Enable Parallel Execution.
- If parallel execution has been enabled for a section, it can be disabled by selecting more_vert More Options to the right of the section divider, then selecting Reset Navigation.
Adding a section
Additional sections can be added between steps in the procedure template. To create a section, there must be at least one step to assign to the new section.
- To add a section, locate the first step for the section, then select more_vert More Options to the right of the step name. Select Add Section Above. (Alternatively, locate the last step for the previous section, then select the more_vert More Options, then select Add Section Below.)
Deleting a section
The first augmented step section cannot be deleted, but any additional sections can be deleted.
- To delete a section, select more_vert More Options to the right of the section divider, then select Delete Section. Any steps from that section move to the end of the previous section in the list.
- For more information about creating and managing augmented steps in a procedure, review the Creating & Managing Augmented Steps article.
- To learn more about authoring and managing procedure templates in general, begin with the following article:
- To learn more about executing and managing procedure runs, begin with the following article: