- 17 May 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
In-Suite Authoring in Designer Mode
- Updated on 17 May 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
🌐 ✔️ MES (v6.5) ✔️ LES (v6.5) ✔️ AWI (v6.5)
💻 iOS app
👤 Content Creator, System Admin, and procedure template co-author users
In order to eliminate back-and-forth between authoring and testing a draft procedure, the Tempo iOS application offers a Designer Mode for users to propose modifications to draft procedure templates.
While in Designer Mode, users can mark steps and content for addition, deletion, or modification.
Changes proposed on the iOS app can be reviewed by procedure authors within the procedure template on the web app. From the web app, procedure authors can review, modify, and confirm added, deleted, or modified data.
This article covers the following topics:
- Toggling Designer Mode
- Suggesting a new step
- Suggesting modifications to or deleting an existing step
- Suggesting modifications to an item within an existing step
- Designer Mode is only available for procedure templates that are in a draft status.
- Designer Mode is not available for procedure templates that use a source PDF.
Toggling Designer Mode
- While logged into the Tempo iOS app, tap menu Menu > Procedures.
- Locate the Drafts, Review and Approval section of the page, then tap the name of the relevant draft procedure template.
- Tap Start. The procedure template draft displays.
- To toggle Designer Mode, tap more_horiz More Options > Designer Mode. The toggle moves to the right and a Designer Mode header displays above the draft procedure template.
- Tap anywhere outside the Procedure Settings menu to dismiss the menu options and review the template.
To leave Designer Mode, tap more_horiz More Options > Designer Mode. The toggle moves to the left and the Designer Mode header is removed. Edits suggested in Designer Mode are not displayed when Designer Mode is toggled off.
Suggesting a new step
- While in Designer Mode, tap chat_bubble Suggest Step.
- Select or enter the information in the required fields:
- Step Name: The name of the suggested step.
- After/Before and Step X: Information for the procedure author regarding where the suggested step should be added to the procedure template.
- Tap Next.
- (OPTIONAL) Enter or select any relevant information into the Step Instructions, Add Inputs, Add Actions, and Add a Comment fields. Between each field, tap Next to progress to the next field.
To add an input or an action, tap the Add Input or Add Action button on the relevant page. A dialog displays to capture the following information about the suggested input or action:
- Name: The name of the input or action.
- Option (Type): The type of input or action.
- (OPTIONAL) Comment: A comment about the suggested input or action.
- Tap Save.
To delete a suggested step from the iOS app, tap the step, then tap Suggest > Mark Step for Deletion. Tap Delete to confirm the permanent deletion of the suggested step.
Suggesting modifications to or deleting an existing step
- While in Designer Mode, tap the step you want to modify.
- Tap Suggest. The following options display:
- Suggest Input: Tap Add Input, then complete the Name, Option, and (OPTIONAL) Comment fields to suggest an input be added to this step. Tap Save.
- Suggest Action: Tap Add Action, then complete the Name, Option, and (OPTIONAL) Comment fields to suggest an action be added to this step. Tap Save.
- Add a Comment: Provide a comment about the step. Tap Save.
- Mark Step for Deletion: Mark this step for deletion. Provide a comment, then tap Save.
Suggesting modifications to an item within an existing step
- While in Designer Mode, tap the step with the item(s) for which you have suggested modifications.
- Locate and tap the Edit icon to the right of the item, then tap Suggest Modifications.
- Provide a comment about the item. Tap Save.
Once a comment has been added to an item, a Comment icon (chat_bubble) displays to the left of the Edit icon. To review comments on an item, tap the Edit icon, then tap All Comments. To dismiss the comments, tap anywhere outside the comment window.
- For more information about reviewing suggestions made in Designer Mode from the web app, review the Reviewing In-Suite Authoring Designer Mode Suggestions on Web App article.
- For more information about managing procedure templates within the web app, begin with the Procedure Templates Overview article.
- For information about adding technique media (image and video content) to a procedure template from the iOS app, review the Adding Technique Media from the iOS App article.