- 02 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 02 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
🌐 ✔️ MES (v6.3.5, v6.5) ✔️ AWI (v6.5) ✔️ LES (v6.5) ✔️ Tandem (v6.4, 6.5)
This article covers the following topics:
What is a user?
In the Tempo Manufacturing Cloud, a user is an individual who belongs to an organization and has a registered account in the system. User information is used to:
- Manage personal profile data such as such as password and PIN changes, multifactor authentication (MFA), system settings, and more
- Access specific system features and components based on the account's permissions
- Identify user actions in the system such as log in/out attempts, PIN verifications, User Groups changes, and more
- Monitor procedure and batch creation and execution actions/exceptions for auditing purposes
After a user account is added to the system, a System or Business Admin can add the user to a User Group, which determines the security permissions that will be associated with the account. Security roles and permissions allow a user to have access to certain components and features of the platform, depending on the role they fill in your organization. For more information on User Groups and permissions, refer to the User Groups Overview article.
Accessing the users list
This article reflects Tempo v6.5. If you are using an earlier version, hover over the left navigation panel, then click Users.
- System Admins have complete access to view, update, and deactivate user information from the Users list.
- Business Admin, Executive, and Supervisory roles have read-only access to the Users list.
From the left navigation panel, click settings Platform > Users. A list of registered users in your organization displays.
From this list, System Admins can access the following functions:
- View, search, create, edit, and deactivate user information
- Customize filter views to fit display preferences
- Click Columns to select which user columns to display in the list.
- Columns reflect specific information stored about a user within the system, including information such as First/Last Name, Email, Account Locked status, and more.
- Click filter_list Filter next to a column of your choice, then select a filter criteria and enter a term in the search bar.
- Click Reset Filters to reset the filter view.
To import users in bulk using the CSV template method, please reach out to your Customer Support Manager (CSM) or the Apprentice Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the articles below to learn more about the following topics: