- 05 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Upgrading the Apprentice-powered Headset
- Updated on 05 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
🌐 ✔️ MES (v6.3.5, v6.5) ✔️ AWI (v6.5) ✔️ LES (v6.5) ✔️ Tandem (v6.4, v6.5)
💻 Headset app
👤 All users
In order to prepare the Apprentice-powered headset to receive the latest versions of the Tandem and/or Tempo application(s), users must download and install the latest headset firmware (version 12.4). Follow the steps below to learn how to download and install the latest headset firmware to prepare the device for the latest Apprentice release.
This article reflects upgrading details for the Tempo 6.5 release.
- Power on the headset, then ensure you are at the device's home page before moving forward.
To navigate to the headset's home page, say "Navigate Home" or press the textured Action button located on the side of the device.
- Say "My Programs," then say "Wireless Update.”
- Say “Download” to begin downloading the headset firmware.
If you do not see an option to download the firmware, the headset is already up to date.
- After the download is complete, install the update on the device. Say “Install now,” then say “OK” to begin installing the headset firmware.
When the installation begins, the headset will restart to complete the installation.
- When the headset powers back on, say “OK” to return to the home page of the headset.
If the headset firmware has not been updated for some time, it is possible users may need to repeat steps 2-5 to ensure all necessary firmware upgrades (up to version 12.4) are installed on the headset.
Once the download and installation(s) are complete, users should ensure the following:
- Headset remains at the home page
- Headset remains powered on and plugged into a power source
- Headset remains connected to the wireless network
The new version(s) of Tandem and/or Tempo will be silently pushed to the headset within an hour.
If you have confirmed the headset is connected to a wireless network and find that applications are still not syncing as expected, please refer to the Manually Sync Headset Applications article or contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.